Mill Computer Support Ltd, also trading as Mill Computer Care are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our customers. For the purposes of data protection, we are the data controller and we will process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and national laws which relate to the processing of personal data. Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
This applies to all area the business operates: shop, commercially, and online.
Information about us
Mill Computer Support Ltd, also trading as Mill Computer Care is registered in England under company number 08877543. Registered address Llannerch Park, St. Asaph, Denbighshire, LL17 0UY.
Vat number 288065959
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 01745 731015
This applies to all area’s the business operates: shop, commercially, and online.
- Information We Collect
- How we collect your data
- How we use your information
- Sharing personal data
- Third party consent
- Storing personal data
- Linking to other website
- How long do we keep your personal data
- Access to information
- Contacting us
With your consent, we may collect:
- name and contact information
- passwords and security information
- problems/issues you are having
We collected data when you:
- fill in our repair form
- create a support ticket via our website
- register on our website
- purchase goods or services
- complete contact or feedback form
- sign up to newsletter
We use your information to:
- communicate with you regarding services that you have requested
- access your device to complete repairs and fixes
- provide goods or services
- account set up and administration
- In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
We may disclose your information to third parties for our following legitimate interests as follows:
- to staff members in order to facilitate the provision of goods or services to you
- our affiliated entities to support internal administration
- IT software providers that host our website and store data on our behalf
- professional advisers including consultants, lawyers, bankers and insurers who provide us with consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services
- HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances
- we may disclose personal data to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- in the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Information you provide to us is shared on our secure servers. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures designed to secure your information against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires us to retain your data for no longer than reasonably necessary. We will retain your information as long as we require this to provide you with the goods or services you requested from us and for a period of 6 years afterwards. Our data retention schedules are conducted yearly.
After this time all data stored digitally is deleted permanently, unless you consent otherwise.
All personal data stored physically is destroyed (e.g. by shredder).
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if the personal data we hold about you changes.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to:
- access any information that we hold relating to you
- correct and delete any information that we hold relating to you
- withdraw consent
This is in addition to your right to contact the Information Commissioners Office if you are unsatisfied with our response to any issues you raise at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us